Review by: Justyn Brodsky
EDM with 8-bit Nintendo Plugins and melodies? Sign me up!
Anton Cullen is an elite EDM producer and has a sound with a lot of twists and turns with his song “Breaking Through”. From clever progressions, memorable structures, and sound-effective melodies with a video-game spin, we get served a great value of production, tasty measures of melody, and brilliantly diverse song structures with buildups and breakdowns that compliment each other throughout the song’s captivating stride.
There’s a lot of unexpected fun breakdowns in this track that really showoff Cullen‘s versatility, which gives it a raw and original approach. It’s witty, danceable, and could easily be deemed as a club track or even a straight rave track you could loosen up your mind to, and just take what’s coming with its energy, aura, and nostalgic realm.
It’s something you can play just about anywhere; even your car to test out those new Sony Xplodes. Stuff like that. It’s not generic, but is very universal and holds a very unique balance in between being radio friendly, and straight-up gritty. It’s a toss up really (depending on the Disc Jockey).
No matter how you take this song in, Anton Cullen is new food for the ear. This has that sensibility that’ll definitely have you coming back to the song time and time again. The likability factors are there, so in my eyes, you’re gonna love this track too. Now go listen!
Connect with Anton Cullen:
- “Breaking Through” single: https://soundcloud.com/antoncullenmusic/breaking-through
- On YouTube (video visualisation): https://youtu.be/LIVZSntybiQ
- On Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Bg3axg4ieoztjcbadk4nuuk5lze
- On iTunes: https://itun.es/ie/yCyjlb
- “Warfare” single: https://soundcloud.com/antoncullenmusic/warfare
- On Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=Bmqrqd3tv5m4yqnhsz5drbkpfey
- On iTunes: https://itun.es/ie/E1mzlb
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/antoncullenmusic